The term “DevOps” emerged from the fast-paced “agile” software development movement. Agile practices encourage short iteration cycles, frequent new function releases and close collaboration between development and business stakeholders. It’s made quick revisions a common practice, which in turn has increased the need to produce software in a way that delivers ideas to market in a much faster model. Both established companies and start-ups are racing to test their innovative ideas and provide value for their customers.
For development teams, that usually means standardizing platforms, following an agile development process, and participating in operationally driven initiatives. For operations teams, it means targeting better stability, reducing costs, and improving responsiveness.
Endless possibilities: DevOps can create an infinite loop of release and feedback for all your code and deployment targets.
The benefits of DevOps with AMB
Companies that incorporate DevOps practices with our dedicated DevOps teams get more done, plain and simple. With a single team composed of cross-functional members all working in collaboration, DevOps organizations can deliver with maximum speed, functionality, and innovation.
There are technical benefits:
- Continuous software delivery.
- Less complexity to manage.
- Faster resolution of problems.
There are cultural benefits:
- Happier, more productive teams.
- Higher employee engagement.
- Greater professional development opportunities.
And there are business benefits:
- Faster delivery of features.
- More stable operating environments.
- Improved communication and collaboration.
- More time to innovate rather than fix/maintain.